We encourage all interested students who meet our criteria to apply to the Wild Goat Edge program.
DEADLINE for all applications is April 15, 2019.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the Wild Goat Edge Application
- Ask two teachers, coaches, counselors, or mentors to complete the Recommendation Form
- Enroll at Santa Rosa Junior College and register to study in the Agriculture & Natural Resources program.
Applicants should also apply for the Doyle Scholarship and other financial aid by completing the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) form and consulting the SRJC Scholarship Office for assistance.
- The program is designed to support young women, including transgender women, whose families work in the agricultural industry. Therefore, participation is limited to individuals who meet these criteria.
- The selection committee may, in its sole discretion, consider a variety of factors, in selecting program participants. These include, but are not limited to, the applicant’s academic performance, financial need, and the criteria described below.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are interested in careers in agriculture, viticulture, animal sciences, earth sciences, agribusiness, and/or agricultural technology.
- Preference will be given to those who are interested in working and living in Sonoma County.
- Desired personal qualities of Wild Goat Edge participants are:
- Honesty and integrity
- Energy, enthusiasm, motivation
- A strong work ethic
- Ability to work with and have empathy for others, kindness
- Courage, willingness to take risks
- Good communication skills and/or desire to improve communication skills
- An expectation of all graduates is that they will volunteer in their communities and/or with the Wild Goat Edge program once they are successfully employed.
Wild Goat Edge Program Nondiscrimination Statement
We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for program participants and their families. To that end, the Wild Goat Edge Program does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), national origin (ancestry), disability, or sexual orientation in the selection of WGEP participants or the administration of the program.